Monday, April 12, 2010

Getting all fit-like

I ended up at the JCC this afternoon. I decided to swim. It had been a while. But I have a new suit, so what the heck. I logged about 25 minutes. I lost track of how many laps I did. It doesn't matter to me. I swam, dang it.

Howie picked me up at the J and dropped me at my friend Jen's house. I hadn't seen her in a while. She and her family went on a road trip to Arkansas for spring break. She and her husband, Chris, have 3 little kids. Their oldest, Chloe, is 5. Sylvie is 3 and baby Jonah is about 9 months old. I like to joke that I am Jonah's girlfriend. He's always smiling at me with those 2 cute teeth, all drooly. Chris tried to show me Jonah's newest move, The Wave. Jen chimed in to let it be known that I have already seen The Wave, seeing as though I was the first person he ever waved to. I am honored. Be still, my beating heart.

After a quick hello at their crib, Jen and I set off on a little walk and talk. First stop, Baskin Robbins- or as I know it, 31 Flavors. We each got a shake and proceeded to walk in the drizzling rain. With our shakes. The shakes were gone way too fast. We both think they should last forever. I like the menu at Elsa's (owned by the same family that owns Kopp's frozen custard stand). On the first page it says "Life is short, eat dessert first." That was my motto today.

We caught eachother up on the goings on of our lives- their trip, our upcoming trip, Sylvie telling the mom of the little girl across the street that she looks like a man (!), gossip,blah, blah,blah...

I dropped her off at home, said goodbye to her and the fam and skidaddled on home. The rain was no longer drizzly, it was more of the droppy variety. Now I'm home on the couch, Otis curled up next to me.

Another good day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment