Thursday, April 22, 2010

back from LA

Greetings...

I am exhausted. I just returned from LA. We were gone for a week. I totally meant to be blogging while we were there, but I didn't have access to a computer. And there is no way I was going to attempt this on my phone.
We had a great trip. It was all very informative. I feel like a student every time we are there. The weather was pretty nice. Rained a little. Was really chilly last night. Saw 2 celebs. Simon Cowell (I never watch American Idol) and Ian Ziering (I loved 90210). Big whoop. There it is.
Got to hang with friends. Met some new peoples. Did some exploring on foot. Hiked around Runyon Canyon for about 40 minutes. Did a walk (now referred to as the Rock Walk by Howie) that was about 3.5 miles. It took us from our friend Rachel's apartment in West Hollywood on a loop from about Sweetzer and Fountain, down to Santa Monica to the Troubador (music venue), up Doheny (steep hill) to the Key Club on Sunset, past all the hot spots- Rainbow Room, Whiskey Bar, Viper Room (RIP River Phoenix), Sky Bar, Standard Hotel, and back down Sweetzer to the apartment.
Whew! It was an awesome walk.
When we got home we decided to take Otis for a walk. So we just did a little 25 minute late night stroll with him. About 1.2 miles. Otis has short legs and has to stop and sniff every 300 feet, so I blame our slow timing on him. Dang it's cold out. Where's spring?
Ok. Good night. I'm going to bed. I'll keep you posted on my next run/walk. Gotta check the schedule.
XO,
Carly

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm impressed. I have one too: http://thestartinglineblog.blogspot.com/. I'm totally following you now.

    ReplyDelete